There are various tools and techniques a UK contact centre can implement for successful call centre call recording.
From outlining a defined approach to call assessment management to using state-of-the-art call analysis software, the following protocols and systems can help improve call centre performance.
1. Define your goals – Before you spend any time, money or resources implementing a call centre recording strategy make sure you have clearly defined what your goals and objectives are. What are your key performance indicators (KPIs) and what expectations do you have of your employees? Outline your desired best practices and create clearly defined assessment grades and standards.
2. A consistent approach – When undertaking call listening, ensure your call supervisors follow assessment procedures to the letter. Don’t let small errors or slightly under par customer service standards slip through the net. Bad habits have a tendency to spread in call centre environment and little mistakes can soon become big problems. By following exact procedures you can fix those mole hills before they become mountains.
3. Staff encouragement – Use the assessment process to give your staff constructive criticism and well deserved praise where appropriate. Reward high quality work, and where agents fail to meet expectations be sure to provide them with targeted training so they can be given an opportunity to improve their performance.
4. One-to-one feedback – Take the time to talk to your call centre staff individually to provide further feedback and recommendations. Be sure to take them through a sample call in detail so they know exactly where improvements need to be made and point out any areas where they exceeded expectations. Also listen to the comments and feedback your staff can provide you; you can learn a lot from what they have to say.
5. Support and training – Make sure to provide both your call centre agents and call supervisors with sufficient training and support so they clearly know their expectations and have the confidence to do their job to the best of their abillity.
6. Quality management procedures – Just as you don’t expect your call centre agents’ performance standards to slip, don’t let your call quality management processes slip. Have clearly outlined procedures in place so your staff and supervisors know exactly what’s expected of them and what protocols to follow during call quality assessment, review and reporting.
7. Choose your tools – To make your staff assessments more efficient use simple but sophisticated technologies specially designed for call centre management. In addition to selecting the best call recording equipment, invest in cloud-based software systems which allow users to design and tweak assessment forms to suit the individual needs of a call campaign. Systems are available which offer intuitive online form builders and detailed reporting and analytics capabilities. The days of having to rely on cumbersome spreadsheets and hard drive documents are now a thing of the past.
Most importantly when implementing a strategy for call centre call recording, be sure to constantly review your procedures as even a slight improvement to your processes can benefit your overall operation.
30 Day FREE Trial on All Accounts
Sign up in 60 seconds. No credit card required.
Core Feature Set
1 GB Storage
Core Feature Set
5 GB storage
£ On Application